Monday, February 25, 2008

Mataya is a tuff girlie...

Well, let's see...
Monday... I was feeling kinda down and didn't accomplish much. Funny how that goes together. The kids had the day off from school and so we had a Mommy and kids popcorn and movie day and played some games. It was rainy and we did spend time together and had fun.... I'm feeling the need to have something to point at when the day ends.. I'm sure I'll get there today was us together.

Tuesday... well, that was my last post.

Wednesday... Is normally a crazy day in it's own right.. but when I was dropping Alisha off at preschool I saw that the back drivers side tire was very flat. I call Jeff and we coordinate the car switch while getting all four tires replaced. Throw all that's in tailed with that along with an extra trip to the library for this months book club book and a few more for the girls on top the the regular things that make that day crazy and I don't get home until 5:30 and really kinda wiped out! It's those kind of days that I really call on Skyler and I also run through the bed time line up... I'm done!!!

Thursday.... I was really surprised that it was Thursday I think Monday threw me off... I was very happy because I knew that we were going over to Chad & Erin's to play games and watch LOST. Jeff and I were going no matter what!!!!! I count that as a date night!! That might be sad but we have a lot of fun with them and never the same fun twice!! We love'em!!

Friday... Is normally the day that I look forward to all week Sunday is way good too just not for the same things!!!. It has been deemed scrap booking, movie, game and "Whateveryouwantnight". Alisha doesn't have school on Fridays and Skyler and Mataya had extra short school days. I thought I would get some extra things done and be ready for my Friday night. It was still early in the day and I was on My Space and Mataya found some blades to my rolling fabric cutter. Mataya was giving one to Alisha. Mataya thought they were round metal magnets. When things like that happen Skyler can't talk fast enough ... He just grabbed the blades from Mataya. In the process somehow Mataya's hand got cut on the back side from the little finger almost to the wrist. Skylers thumb also ended up missing a small chunk off the tip. Mataya was worried about what they were going to have to do to her.. I looked at her told her she was going to be fine. Then looking at her face I said "Do you want me to bring the camera?" In a soft crying voice she said "Yes.." Skyler watched Alisha and I called my Mom to come fill in after work while I'm driving down the freeway to the emergency room. Mataya did great!!! she told me about stories that she had read in the library books and she did really well even during all of the shots. I was focusing on her but it sure seemed like about 10 shots!! After she was done telling me about all the stories that she read she asked me to tell her a story. So we started telling one of those stories that each person tells one sentence then the next person adds. It was a great story about about a snake and a Caterpillar that were friends. several times the doctor was laughing at our silly story. She did a wonderful job 3 hours 13 stitches and some great pictures later we went home. I was very proud of her!!!

3 comments:

chad said...

I am so sad that when you were at our house last week you made the following comment: "Emergency Rooms are for rookies!"

I think you have been there twice since then. Hopefully things will get better :)

erin said...

What a long week! We have a lot of fun with you guys and can't wait to have you over again! And this Friday we're free!!! No soccer game, no nothing!

The.HULL.Family said...

Chad oh, my gosh I so forgot that I said that!!! Jeff told me that you have been having fun quoting me.. How funny is that!?!? I was laughing sooo hard!!!!! Thanks!!

Erin, Jeff said that you are in the book club. I am too! sorry I didn't even think to mention it. Honestly, I just got this months book on wednesday. I'm about done I'm really likeing it. Jeff tells me that we are watching LOST after the book club.. Sounds GREAT!!! I would love to chat and maybe help fill your Friday.. How does that sound??? What the HECk!!!!! Jeff's not my low tech walkie talkie.. When's good to call you?? =0) LOL!!!