Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm gonna miss this...

Jeff stayed home sick today not feeling good and I'm sure really tired but he choose to help me around the house anyway. That was a great surprise. I've been in a funk lately. Just feeling like I can't make a big enough dent in things and limbo of moving in 3~4 months and having some things packed too soon to pack everything the rest of the things kinda haunt me and it's too soon to really look for a place.. yadda yadda and all that goes with that.. I just wanna pick out paint colors!! I'm having a hard time with it all sometimes. I feel like I should be sooo busy but I can't think what I'm realy suposed to be doing cuz most of it is too far away but I should be getting it done and I'm having a hard time making a list that seems resonable at this point. That and this huge feeling that I'm not measuring up to anything.. Very lovely!!

Yesterday the DVD player kinda got sick but didn't die and only showed things in black and white.. We were glad that it wasn't the TV and Jeff got a new DVD player last night. Today Jeff was home with me and he did the dishes and really fixed up the kitchen. I packed up a couple boxes of kitchen things that we don't use often but I still love and use for fancy fun things. With those things packed we can put things away like chips snacks and cereals. It feels great to get them off the table. I do look forward to getting a bigger place!! Then I was cleaning in the living room I was getting excited like I can pack the things that we need but really don't have room for in this house and we can have the feeling of fitting while we are still here and maybe we can have friends over!!!! YEA!! I was also taking pictures of things to post on Craigslist. As I walked away to get the camera the white shelving above the TV FELL OFF THE WALL!!!! It's been up there for more then four months!!! I called for Jeff.. I was so shocked!!! The shelving and everything on it including Jeff's mission plate was on the floor. Jeff knew I wasn't doing well and he came in the room and said did you here somebody say "Get out!!" LOL!!!! He also said that it was really good that I was walking away or I could have been really hurt.
The TV that we were so relieved about yesterday was laying on the screen on the floor. I could still hear jungle book.... (Alisha didn't wake up..) Jeff helped me pick everything up. I felt so bad about his mission plate. He thinks he can make some phone calls and get another one made. Well, on the side where the TV landed hardest is purple and the left side of the screen is kinda normalish.. The kids don't seem to mind that. They also don't seem to mind the scraches about the size of my fist on a couple of places on the screen either. After getting it all cleaned up and realizing that for sure the plate was not fixable.. I went in the kitchen. I love my kitchen!! (even though it's the size of a very small apartment kitchen.) I love the colors in there and I LOVE my IKEA cabinets!!! The song "You're Gonna Miss This" (or at least that's what I think it's called) comes on.. I'm just looking around my kitchen.. Even if we get a bigger kitchen which would be easy to do really. I will still really miss the personality that my kitchen has. I love my microwave too!!! I was feeling a long way from happy... feeling like another day of not making it.. feeling like I want some chocolate and jammies climb in bed and just call this day done!!! I walk over to the cabinet to get a glass and Jeff came up and asks "You need a drink?" I said.. "Oh yeah!!" He said "I love you." then he starts singing with the radio and slowdancing with me in the kitchen singing in my ear and kinda laughing.. "You're gonna miss this... You're gonna want this back...." "You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.." "These are some good times.." Then we both really started laughing!!!! .. I told him he was a total butt!! We were still laughing!! I love times like that!!! He was right!! This is the stuff that makes this day stand out from the rest. These are the days that we are gonna miss!!! All too soon everything about this house and our time here will be memory. I love that Jeff was there with me today!!! I'm really feeling the dent we made in the house today. I finished getting almost all the picutures done.. We still need to post the ads on Craigslist.. Anybody want a halfish purple screened TV?!?!?! LOL!!!!!

7 comments:

erin said...

What a rough day! We loved hanging out with you guys last night! One of these days I want to see your house! Especially that kitchen of yours! :)

chad said...

You guys are welcome to come over and watch TV whenever you want. If I change the settings I'm sure I could get the whole thing purple!

Last night was a blast. We should do it much more often.

chad said...

p.s. Happy Trails to you all!

The.HULL.Family said...

I'm laughing my booty off!!! You all are too funny!! Might be part of why we like you so much!! I'd love to have you over!! It wasn't that long ago and we were the place to be almost every FRIDAY for years!! The last six months Coen has had more pull. We can have you over for games not much movie watching over here... Chad I'm thinking the all purple would really be a plus!! Any other ideas to make that a bit more fun?? BBQ?? What night works??

The.HULL.Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The.HULL.Family said...

Just so ya know I mostly love the paint and my cabinets. my kitchen is mostly about the paint flooring and cabinets.. It really doesn't function well.
Jeff's parents were looking at duplexes for Jeff's Mom to buy while over at our house. We started laughing because they found a duplex with a bigger lot and more square footage then our house.. Looking forward to a more functional kitchen.
Love to have ya!!
How do ya like your meat?!?!?!

The.HULL.Family said...

We've been looking at houses aparently it's good for us to start talking now. Heck, we should play that loaded questions game more often I learned at least two things in one night. We've been married for almost 15yrs!! Maybe we should plant a few fake cards about houses and save me tons of time!! LOL!! A lot of what we are looking for is a functional kitchen and more ROOOOOOMMM to have fun with our family and friends. New windows and inside laundry would be huge!!! Ha!! that sounds so red neck like I've been pound'n our jeans on a rock by the river!!! Come on over ya'll and see our newfangled water right from the taps!!!