Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hi !! I think this a great idea Erin!! I have a My Space and I thought that would be great because it's so easy. I thought that it would be great to get Grandma up and going and then we could get her all set up and it would be so easy for her to click on the pic of the family member that she wanted to chat with. The major down side is some of the ads that pop up!!!!!! I do have a slide show set up on my page. I'm Hezzadew@myspace.com if ya wanna take a peek. I need to fix some things on it though. ANYWAY!!!! WE have been doing great. My favorite thing lately is that we are two for two so far with awesome readers!! I LOVE watching my Dad see them read. He tried too hard to shove reading on us.. WE never got caught reading!! Later we all read a lot after we moved out though. Skyler will read the directions to things that he already knows how to do. I have to say that it is kinda funny to see my dad watch that happen. Skyler is getting really good grades except one class so he will have to wait till the next report card to earn being able to read the 7th Harry Potter. He also has quite a few friends at his new school. I'm so glad that he is going there. His teachers are great. Mataya is getting averaging 97% in her subjects in first grade. She was a cherub in the Sacramento Ballet's performance of the Nutcracker. She did a great job and loved it except for the fog she said it was wet. She is about to turn seven in March and she is moving from her jazz & ballet class to the older kids jazz class. Alisha is doing really well in her preschool. They are always telling me about something that she has surprised them with. She knows how to do everything they are asking the average students to do. They even require her to clear her place at the table even though she is barely able to reach the counter top. to put her things in the sink. Alisha doesn't mind if anything she's very proud!! I never made her do that. I knew that she was capable but she is so short I never made her. I do make her clean up her toys. The girls have bins on wheels so that she doesn't have to carry them to move them. I know that there are tons of things that she can do that are much harder for her because of her size. It's sometimes hard for me to choose what to make her do and what to help her with. She may be capable of climbing mountains but do I need to require her to do it several times a day? Do I not require her to do enough and then I'm a giving her optional handicaps. Then there are other times when I think that I'm just over thinking things. I'd like to regret as least as possible. Hopefully Alisha will be out of day time diapers sometime 2008. As of now her bladder only lasts for an hour and five to ten minutes. Her teachers are suggesting that we wait longer till her body can last longer but her body is so tiny. I don't see that getting fixed any time really soon. Diapers are easier. It feels kinda rude because she's almost four to have her stay in diapers. This is starting to feel like one of those things that I think way too much about and when the time comes it's just not a big deal. Anyway, this Sunday Alisha will be a Sunbeam!! We have been blessed in our new ward (only a couple of months) that we have had people that we know and already know Alisha in place and they are there to help the people who haven't met her yet. Her Sunbeam teacher is a good friend of mine and has already taught Alisha in nursery. I better go for now but that kinda gives ya a feel for things right now. I'd love input and to know how everybody else is doing...
Heather

No comments: